Thursday, July 2, 2009

Creative Process

So, for all the writers out there, what do you do when you want to write? How do you get in the mood, or set a theme around you?

Do you put on music? Is there a certain kind of music you listen to depending on the scene your writing? Or maybe a TV show/movie?

Share what you do depending on your mood and the scene.

Personally, I listen to songs from bands like My Chemical Romance, Metallica, Linkin Park, Cradle of Filth, Alice in Chains, and Staind. These bands tend to have beats and lyrics that really have meaning and can inspire me no matter what scene I've started writing.

Besides writing there is also art. For those that draw, sketch {i do both and see a difference in it}, paint, photograph, [or any of the millions of other things you could do] do you do the same?

Any songs or music you listen too? Or a TV show/movie you watch to get you in the mood for it?

Again, I'll share what i do.

When I'm alone, or upset, i always grab my sketch book. I'll draw whatever comes to mind. An example would be that right now I'm watching a television show called I didn't know i was Pregnant and I've started doing a portrait of a pregnant woman.

What about everyone out there? What do you do? It doesn't have to be writing or art, anything creative counts!

Please tell me, and anyone that reads the comment, what you do to get in the mood to do something creative!

No comments: