Friday, March 14, 2008

I'm New at this.

Hi. My name is Angela N. Tharp. I'm a new writer whom is trying to publish a new book. The only problem with this is I have no idea what to do when contacting an Agent or a Publishing company. My goal is to at least have an agent by the end of the summer but I'm not sure if I can complete that task. If anyone has any insight on this, I'd love to hear it. To me, writing and reading has always come very easily to me.

To me, writing is like painting a picture with words. You hope that it last forever and that everyone loves it but in truth in last only as long as your will lasts. Even if you die, your will can live on in what you said, wrote, drew, and did. Some people say it’s not how you die but how you live, and others some say it’s not how you live but how you die. Personally, I believe it is both. Life brings death and death brings life. In life you walk your own path; a path that covers many hardships and crossroads. On the cross road you get to choose and the one you choose brings you to one place. This may be Death, but with death can be so much more. Your name and legacy could still live on. As long as someone lives to remember that, you live on forever.

So, to me writing is not only something I do for today, but for the days after I've died. I may never be famous in the magazines but I will be famous in the memory I've left behind. My friends, family, and all whom I've known shall know me until I give them a reason to forget. So, yes, I'm new at the publishing business, but I've got the will to see this though to the end.

No comments: